Summer is a time to soak up vitamin D, breathe fresh air, relax, and restore. The last thing we want to do is spend hours in the kitchen but we still want to stay healthy and nourished.
Here are some great recipes to keep your palate entertained without having to sacrifice your precious R & R time to the kitchen. Enjoy!
- Scandinavian Summer Soup: This recipe is not Paleo however I believe it could be easily adapted. Simply omit the white potatoes and/or substitute sweet potatoes, omit the sugar and substitute stevia, omit the flour and substitute arrowroot powder/tapioca starch, and omit the dairy milk and substitute coconut milk.
- Grilled Meat & Veggie Foil Packets: Since it is the season of grilling, these would be super easy to put together and throw on the grill. Not to mention, great camping food!
- Rosemary Lime Salmon Skewers: If you can get your hands on some fresh reasonably priced salmon, this would be off the charts! If you can’t, consider substituting another meaty white fish or chicken.
- End of Summer Cobb Salad: Packed full of fresh, tasty, good-for-you ingredients, this salad looks killer!
- Summer Steak Salad: Similar to the End Of Summer Cobb Salad, this too is packed full of awesome ingredients like fresh blueberries! Yum!
- One Minute Macaroons: I made a version of these a few weeks ago that used freeze dried fruit and it was to die for!
- Peppermint Patties: I can’t think of anything more indulgent and refreshing than dark chocolate and mint on a warm summer’s day! Well, except for maybe mint chip ice-cream…
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice-cream: Ice cream is my weakness.
- Sweet Fried Bananas & Coconut Mousse: This looks ridiculously good without being over the top. Now if only I could get my hands on some gelatin…
- Cookie Dough Truffles: These are awesome- you’ll find yourself scrapping out every last bit from the food processor!
- Spring Sangria: Be sure to substitute lemon-lime sparkling water and that the juices you add are all 100% fruit juice and you’ve now got yourself a deliciously primal refreshment!
- Fermented Bloody Mary: This calls for Clamato and Worcestershire that can usually contain some yucky ingredients so I’d consider substituting 100% tomato juice and Red Boat Fish Sauce. I’d even consider adding a few pieces of Kimchi if I could get my hands on some. Delicious!
- Strawberry-Lime-Cucumber-Mint Infused Water: Aside from being incredibly aesthetically pleasing, this infused water looks incredibly refreshing and is likely conducive to helping remove toxins from the system. No one can argue with that!
- Watermelon Slush: This calls for 3 ingredients and a blender. It can’t get any easier than this!
- Green Pineapple Smoothie: Since this is a little richer with the addition of bananas and coconut milk, this would be great for a meal replacement or between meals snack.
What recipes are you planning on trying this summer?