Please, step into my virtual office and pull up a comfy chair while I introduce myself.
I’m Katie, a certified life and business coach that partners with business owners in creative ways to allow them to experience even more freedom in business and life.
If you’re here, you may be curious about how I can help someone like you, right?
As an ICF Certified Coach, I may work differently compared to what you’ve seen or experienced.
For example, I abide by a Code of Ethics & Confidentiality. I’ve also been educated and certified by the International Coaching Federation to possess a specific set of coaching tools they call, Coaching Core Competencies.
I use a holistic client-centered approach that is inquiry based and heavily leverages Conversational Intelligence® tools, concepts, and methodologies which apply neuroscience to leadership. This is all combined to create a personalized plan unique to each client’s circumstances and goals.
Over networking cocktails, I might metaphorically compare the work that I do to a Leatherman. You know, the multi tool designed for adventure? I’m like that, but, for business owners and leaders.
But I haven’t always been that way.
If you’ll indulge me, I’ll share with you how I got here and what I stand for.
After graduating from Luther College with a degree in Business Management, I worked in Corporate America.
Although there was much that I was unsure of during that season of life, there were 3 things I WAS sure of:
- Conforming to Corporate America, it’s TPS reports, and status quo was not for me.
- There was more to life than I was being exposed to and my insatiable curiosity would not shut up about it!
- I was meant to be a life and business coach.
I discovered #3 in 2001 after reading an article that introduced me to the coaching profession for the first time. You see, Executive Coaching didn’t really exist when I went to University in the late 90s and as a result there was no mainstream path for one to train or apply for this profession compared to today where you can find coaching credentials and degree programs at many popular universities.
I’m of the fortunate generation that didn’t get an email address until my senior year of high school. I didn’t get a cell phone until I was 19. My parents didn’t get a computer or internet in our house until after I’d left for University! And I didn’t invest in my own personal computer until I was 30 years old.
Point is, life and business coaching became mainstream the same time I did! And I knew that it was my calling as soon as I read that article after hours in the relative quiet darkness of my sales cubical in the dead of a Minnesota winter.
The plot twist came when the article also suggested that the best way to become a coach, was to hire a coach. And so I did that the very same week! It is through his dedicated coaching that I resigned from my sales career, sold everything I had, and left my rural northern Minnesota home town for the Czech Republic in Eastern Europe.
A limiting belief that I was too young and inexperienced to coach anyone drove me to pack as much life as possible into a 15 year period. I believed that if I lived the “Ultimate Bucket List Life” that I would gain the life experience needed to tell others how to maximize theirs.
Now, I recognize that limiting belief for what it is BUT it did usher in some incredible adventure, amazing opportunities, and a crash course in BOLD real life that did wholly prepare me for the work I do today with leaders, business owners, and entrepreneurs. And I wouldn’t do it any differently given a do-over!
During that time, I:
- earned a TEFL certificate (to teach English as a Foreign language)
- lived and taught in Prague, Czech Republic
- experienced the infamous bath houses of Budapest
- celebrated Christmas in the Old Town Square
- rang in the New Year with fireworks over the St Charles Bridge where I was pickpocketed for the first (and only) time
- lived and taught in Jeonju, South Korea
- ate Beondegi
- sweat out a hangover (or two) in Korean bathhouses
- went hand line fishing in Boracay, Philippines
- hiked the Great Wall of China
- celebrated the Chinese New Year in Beijing, China
- lived and taught in Isla Mujeres, Mexico
- swam with whale sharks
- became fluent in Spanish
- drank too much Tequila
- learned to dance Salsa
- sang lead in a Mexican cover band, La Banda sin Nombre
- adopted a rescue Chihuahua
- became self employed for the first time in 2010 and owned and operated a salvage grocery business
- became Paleo
- was founding coordinator of a women’s destination conference series
- graduated from the most tenured coach training organization in the industry in 2013
- quit smoking
- ran my 1st 1/2 marathon
- married a rice-farming, duck and goose-guiding, sports fishing captain from Katy, Texas
- hiked the Camino de Santiago
- became a Certified C-IQ® Coach
- traded our home in Mexico up for the Texas Hill Country in 2017 after 12 years living abroad — as they say, I may not be from Texas but I got here as fast as I could.
You may or may not have noticed, FREEDOM is a theme that runs frequently throughout my life experiences and body of work. I desire it as much for myself as I do for my clients and my newly adopted hometown community of Kerrville, Texas.
Which is why I’m on a mission to help Kerrville become recognized as the Small Business Capital of Texas! I’m partnering with business owners and leaders of this incredible community to uncover, overcome, and eliminate the top business challenges that prevent entrepreneurs from entering and/or succeeding in the market.
I believe that self employment is the answer to solving many of the modern challenges that we face as global citizens in our communities. And if I can make the world a better place by helping just one entrepreneur fulfill their purpose, I’ve fulfilled mine.
If you’re interested in exploring how a coaching relationship with me can help you and your team maximize your potential, please, take advantage of the FREE private coaching consultation you’ll receive when you sign up for the Leader’s Library here.